478: Do You Know What You're Saying? 30 Days of Blogging - Day 12

Who am I within words? Have you ever asked this of yourself?

Do we ever consider the words we speak or write, the actual power they have? I've seen myself in words, wherein I use words to get a certain response, or to manipulate another person to feel a certain way, or to lash out as blame, or to make myself look good, or to get some attention, or to keep a secret, or to make something better than it is, or to make it worse than it is... words in how we speak and write them, have an effect. Not just on ourselves, but others as well.

I have often seen myself use words as weapons - lashing out spite in a rage, or manipulation to make another feel responsible for my feelings. Words are weapons when we are not aware of the actual power they  have.

I have seen in writing my blogs, when I've attempted to make myself look good, or to get some attention. Often hiding something else that is within me - hiding the deeper, darker stuff I couldn't face.

I have heard others use words to tear people down when they are not around, and I've heard others make comments they don't actually mean.

There is not much consideration of who we are as words in our reality - we toss them around like they can't create wounds, or damage someone's self-perception, or simply unaware of our own projections when we blame another. We use words against each other, and to hide from each other. We use words to paint a pretty picture, and to keep things comfortable. We use words for others to feel our fury... without ever considering whether our words create or destroy. What happens when the words have been written or spoken? You can't take it back. It's been placed in reality - you've made them real. We can perhaps apologize, or erase the words... but they've been materialized through you as a medium, and they have an effect. Without awareness, we become dangerous with our words because we speak out our minds - our emotions, and feelings which consist of only self-interest, and self-righteousness.

We are never wrong in our minds, we are the victims, or the right one, or the honest one, or the better one. And then when we speak/communicate our minds, we attempt to manipulate our world, and others, to see the same as we see in our minds.

Words in a way is all we have. It is our most effective way to communicate, perhaps the most direct way, and yet we are not taught what it means to be responsible for our words... for what we create or destroy with our words.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to use words to manipulate others into feeling pity, or bad, or guilty

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to use words to lash out my own internal rage or anger - making it someone else's problem, and no longer mine to deal with or take responsibility for

I forgive myself that I Have accepted and allowed myself to use words against people - to cause war and conflict; blaming instead of taking responsibility for myself - wanting to get worked up, and work others up for mere entertainment

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to use words to make myself look better - only highlighting some positive aspects of myself, within hiding darker parts of me

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize words can be weapons when I use them without awareness

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to attempt to destroy and diminish others with my words because I Have not understood aspects of myself, or my experience, or my back chats, or my frustrations - and rather blame with my words than see my self-honesty reflected in those words

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to realize the power within words, in how I use them, and who I am within them

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to be considerate and careful with my words in ensuring I am speaking from/as a point of self-honesty - never blaming, or raging, or putting my shit unto someone's plate

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to use words carelessly wherein I attempt to gain something from another - whether that is a self-image, a self-definition, a position, a feeling, a belief, or perceived power

I forgive myself that I Have not accepted and allowed myself to see, realize, and understand that words in how we communicate, we create, we build relationships, and ideas, and solutions, or we just compound problems and anger, and hate - and within this not realizing the power we have to create or destroy with our words

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to speak just to speak, making a lot of noise without saying anything at all instead of being aware and considerate of what I am saying to ensure it's purpose is to fulfill what is best for all

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to speak within/as self interest when attempting to get attention in painting a nicer image of me

I forgive myself that I have not accepted and allowed myself to slow down and really consider my words - as the written and the verbal, as assessing and questioning who I am within my words, ensuring I am placing into this world, as my words, that which I can stand and live by

When and as I see myself attempting to manipulate, diminish, or lash out at another with my words, I stop and I breathe. I see, realize, and understand the words have power, and who I am within the words have an effect as either creating or destroying and so I commit myself to not destroy life with my words, but to rather speak within awareness to ensure self-honest in always within my words - that I am uplifting another, instead of diminishing them

When and as I see myself speaking just to speak, without saying anything at all, or to paint a nicer image of me, I stop and I breathe. I see, realize, and understand that to do so is to allow ego to manifest as my words, and ego is of self-interest - wherein I see myself as right, as the victim, as the better one, the one that is not responsible for one's thoughts/words/deeds and the nature of them and so I commit myself to stop speaking my mind as speaking jsut to speak, or speaking myself up in a way to get attention or to be seen in a certain way.

I commit myself to realizing the power of my words

I commit myself to realizing that words either create or destroy

I commit myself to create with my words

I commit myself to slow down when speaking to ensure awareness within principles of self-hoensty, and self-responsibility

I commit myself to not gossip as using my words to diminish another

I commit myself to not use words to hide my secrets

I commit myself to use words to create what is best for all


I would like to encourage anyone reading this to see for yourself... who are you with your words? Observe the words you speak for one day... become aware of what you are saying, how you are saying it, and the starting point for what you are saying. What effects can you see it has? Share in comments your findings!!

Thanks, and enjoy.




Featured Artwork: Desteni Artists

The Journey to Lifers

Take Responsibility for what is HERE as this world, within AND without:

Desteni

DIP Lite Course (FREE)


DIP Pro


Eqafe (Self Perfecting interviews, books, music, etc)


For your Info:


Destonian Wiki


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

533: When Behaviors and Patterns start to Flare Up

Day 190: Raising my Voice and Running Away - The Truth Revealed

697: My Final Entry